Ultimate Fairy Cake
130 grams of softened butter
130 grams caster sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla extract ( I use Nielsen-Massey)
130 grams of self-raising flour
4 tablespoons semi skimmed milk
1 Packet of smarties mini eggs
1. First things first, pop your oven on to 190c
2. Get a bowl whisk the eggs & vanilla essence.
3. Then in a different bowl cream together the butter and the caster sugar
4. Sift half the flour in and fold that into the mixture. Then add the milk and mix again. Fold in the other half of the sifted flour.
5. Spoon into the paper cases and put into the oven for about 25 mins until golden and crisp on top.After the cakes had been baked, I popped them on the cooler rack. Whilst they were letting off some steam I decided to start making the icing.
250g icing sugar, sifted
80g unsalted butter, at room temperature
25ml of milk
a couple of drops of vanilla extract
1. Beat the icing sugar and butter together - I do suggest using a mixer.
2. Add the milk (I heated mine slightly) and the vanilla essence.
3. Mix it all well together - the more you mix it the better it will be!
5. Take the mixture and paste it onto the cooled cakes.
6. Add your decorations - I wanted mini eggs on the tops of mine!
So simple but you can't beat a classic and you know it'll be something people will enjoy. I reckon we will be having these with a spot of tea!
Happy Easter everyone!