EARPHONES AND HEADPHONES FOR FITNESS

I don’t always exercise with music sometimes it is just me and my thoughts, but I must admit there are plenty of times I’d rather drown out daily life with music. Not only do I love listening to music it actually motivates me with fitness too. Today I’m going to be showing you my 3 favourite types of headphones and earphones to help motivate your fitness training.

Sennheiser

First things first is the Sennheiser range, in this case the OCX 686 Sports and the PMX 686 Sports*. Use these the majority of the time both in the smaller over the ears ones and the others that go around the back of the head. I used these earphones from running the Berlin marathon and whilst my husband doesn’t like the ones that go around the back of your head, it is a personal preference. I absolutely love them as the sound was clear HD quality and you can also use these to talk on your phone (if you are connected to it), as I did whilst running the marathon for a little prep talk at 10k to go!

I like these most of all because I forget they are there! The cable has a clip which stops it from bouncing about, as well as a sound adjustment and pause button. You also rarely lose these because of their colour. Main issue is the cable getting a bit tangled and on the individual over the ear headphones, the ear buds tend to pop off easily. That being said they are super lightweight which makes any activity with them really comfortable. They also sweat and waterproof which is always very handy.

Best for // Running. All kinds of running.

motorola

Onto the all singing all dancing Motorola VerveRider+*. A new concept for me being that is was bluetooth connect – so no wires! I wasn’t going to get tangled up with this one, although the idea of it purely working on bluetooth was mind blowing… would it work? So when I go for a run or maybe I walk to work my headphones are in and often in that time a conversation with my Mum will occur. These headphones have a built in microphone so you can keep going and continue your conversation! Before I’d still have to hold my phone up to speak but didn’t have to touch anything. They sit around your neck like a collar

As I’ve used these the most for exercising I was happy to discover they are sweat and waterproof earbuds, but they still have a very crisp HD sound. Now the bluetooth has a 150ft range, so I still keep my phone tucked in my pocket when I go for a run, but say you’re at the gym you don’t have to be holding it for it to work. Does it annoy you being around your neck like that? Was a bit weird to begin with, but the more I’ve used them the more I’ve loved them. You can’t beat a splash of fancy tech to make exercising that bit easier – can you?!

Best for // Everything… including for office and work bits.

nixon

Onto my over the ear choice, Nixon Loop Headphones. Now there are numerous headphones out there you can try that are over the ear but I love these ones. I will say I use these for power walking to and from work. Sometimes I don’t want something in my ear and I find over the ear ones like these Nixon’s perfect. Spot on when it comes to sound and actually fits nicely over the ears without movement of bounce when you’re on the go. These were actually a Christmas present so you may struggle to get the same as mine but have a look in TK Maxx and Surfdome, or alternatively try SkullCandy headphones as they are very similar.

Best for // Walking, dog walking, general usage, yoga/meditation, gym use, light jogs.

Do you always exercise with music – if so what do you use to work out with?

30 Comments

1. January 9, 2017 / 10:18 am

I have some similar headphones and they make running so much easier.

2. January 9, 2017 / 11:11 am

I am just starting my fitness regime today, I am upping my walking with the dogs so am looking for headphones x

3. January 9, 2017 / 5:35 pm

I like to either listen to music or an audiobook while I am exercising. I have problems sometimes with some of the earbuds not staying in, so when I find ones that work I stick with them x

4. January 9, 2017 / 6:02 pm

I haven't tried the bluetooth wireless yet, but that sounds so much better than knocking them out of my ears all the time!

5. January 9, 2017 / 6:45 pm

These look like good headphones, I use earphones when i go to the gym

6. January 9, 2017 / 9:16 pm

Oooh this post is super helpful for me as I'm currently looking for some new headphones! xo

7. January 9, 2017 / 10:53 pm

I love the look of the top ones, I'm always buying new headphones! Also..WE HAVE THE SAME HAT haha

8. January 9, 2017 / 11:01 pm

Ooh im on the look out as im starting running again soon so this is great!

9. January 9, 2017 / 11:28 pm

I normally use earbud headphones but I like the look of the motorola ones! I had no idea that they did headphones

10. January 10, 2017 / 7:59 am

Aww these look so good, I really need a new pair for running. I use the apple ones just now and they are a absolute nightmare always fall out my ears haah!

11. January 10, 2017 / 9:23 am

I use my beats headphones for the gym, but I want some small in ear ones for when I'm running outside x

12. January 10, 2017 / 9:53 am

I really need some decent headphones so I can listen to Spotify and things when I am exercising x

13. January 10, 2017 / 10:46 am

My husband wanted some wireless headphones or earphones for christmas but I am so useless at technology that I tend to go for the cheapest as they are all the same to me which according to him is just not the case haha so in the end I just didn't bother, the motorolla ones look/sound really good, I need to have a look at them and see what he thinks as his birthday is in April so might try again haha

14. January 10, 2017 / 10:53 am

I haven't worn headphones for ages. Mine used to be the 80's kind with the sponge ear pieces. I had no idea how much they had altered! x

15. January 10, 2017 / 12:29 pm

The mister had some Sennheiser and to start with they were brilliant but they broke within 6 months and I wasn't that impressed x

16. January 10, 2017 / 12:45 pm

Those headphones look so good, I really need to invest in a pair. My earphone always fall out when I'm running.

17. January 10, 2017 / 7:21 pm

I actually need to get some decent headphones when I go to the gym, they fall out too much

18. January 10, 2017 / 8:04 pm

i need a new pair and love the look of the motorola ones. i need a pair of bluetooth ones

19. January 11, 2017 / 8:48 am

I know a few people who go running so will tell them about these. If o ever get round to running again I will need a good headphone x

20. January 11, 2017 / 11:48 am

I've no idea about these sorts of things as I take a friend when I go out power walking so we talk. My hubby could do with some though, he'd find them very useful.

21. January 11, 2017 / 12:35 pm

oh these look fab I may have to try them as mine just fall out as I am running and hate going out without music as it helps me so much to keep going

22. January 11, 2017 / 2:13 pm

A decent pair of fitness headphones are definitely a must have!! I like that they are sweat and water proof too!

23. January 11, 2017 / 4:21 pm

These look fantastic – my husband has taken up running and he is looking for some earphones so I plan on surprising him on his birthday next month. Thanks for the recommendation x

24. January 11, 2017 / 5:58 pm

Ooh these look awesome, I'm not really a runner but I am constantly bustling about so these would be fab!

25. January 11, 2017 / 7:32 pm

These look amazing! I've always wondered what kind of headphones people use in the gym, as whatever I have always drops on the floor in the most annoying time 😉
    Thanks for sharing these – I'll have a look.

26. January 11, 2017 / 9:50 pm

My mummy wears headphones at work and at the gym for listening to Spotify. She has some SkullCandy ones at the computer and just uses her plain iPod ones x these look fab

27. January 12, 2017 / 6:41 am

I always wear headphones while working out and these look incredible. Like you say they definitely make moving a little bit easier. Thanks for sharing! x

28. January 12, 2017 / 12:36 pm

I've been on the hunt for buds that stay in my ears when working out for a while, love the look off all of these!

29. January 13, 2017 / 1:15 pm

I really need some new earphones for working out so I'll have to check these out!