Off on adventure? Going hiking? Camping? Exploring somewhere new? Then you’ll be interested to hear about the Osprey Transporter 95 explorer bag! I’m a huge fan of heading on an adventure of some sort, and for me especially, it has got to be camping. I couldn’t wait to try this Osprey Transporter 95 bag out, especially after hearing so much positive feedback about it, and of course, including the news that it scooped up the Outdoor 100 Winter 2017 award. But in all seriousness, would this adventure companion be true to the talk? Was it as tough as they said? Would it be adventure proof? And most of all could I fit all my stuff in it?! I was going to find out…
When my Osprey Transporter 95 arrived it was packed neatly down into a zipped case. The bag instead was folded up inside, but unravelled easily to showcase this large Kingfisher blue bag. There was a lot going on, with a the big Osprey logo down the side, but also an ID holder for my details when I’m off travelling. However, the main focus for me was if it was big enough to get all my camping gear in. It was massive, but not so big that you’d lose everything. That can often be the case with large baggage, you’ll pack but because of it’s size, things move and slip about, but this bad has internal compression straps which help stop all of that movement happening.
As I mentioned, there is a lot going on with the Osprey Transporter 95, but what has this bag actually got? And do you need it all?
- 4 grab handles
- Backpack harness carry straps
- Detachable padded shoulder strap
- Durable and highly water resistant fabric
- External end pocket
- ID Card holder
- Internal key attachment clip, mesh pockets, mesh side pocket
- Lockable zippers
- Sternum strap with emergency whistle
- Main Fabric: 800D Nylon+ 0.2mm TPU
The backpack harness carry straps actually came folded up in the lid pocket at the top, so you have a choice if you want to unclip them and pack them away. There is actually a detachable padded shoulder strap too, should you fancy carrying the bag in a different way – for example going away for a different kind of adventure you make want a holdall style option.
Setting up the bag is very easy, but equally so, it is just as easy packing it down to go back into it’s case. The fabric feels really tough and hardwearing, clearly waterproof and very resilient for the ultimate adventure seeker. The Osprey Transporter 95 certainly feels like it will stand the test of the British elements, especially for someone like me, who often has the spot of bad weather luck on every adventure! It’ll be the ideal option for when I head back to the Lake District for camping,(always catch ridiculous amounts of rain each time we go) or when I do my wild camp in Snowdon in a couple of months time.
The fabric used, TPU laminated nylon, actually provides durability while still feeling light and soft to the touch. It certainly has a soft and smooth texture, but you can tell it’s tough material as well – perfect for anything weather situation. It also means if you get this bag muddy, it’ll wipe clean really with ease. Unlike a lot of big adventure rucksacks their material won’t allow mud/dirt to be merely wiped off, instead it’ll stain and become grubby very easily. The bag doesn’t feel uncomfortable when you’re wearing it either, even though it is sturdy, it doesn’t feel too hard, and at the same time doesn’t feel like you’re unsupported. You do have the yoked harness with sternum strap for that extra comfort and stability when travelling too.
Overall this bag is getting a huge thumbs up from me. I’ve reviewed and used a lot of adventure bags and this is my favourite, I cannot wait to try it on my wild camp in a month. I think for me personally I’ve automatically gone for backpacks as my source of storage on trips or adventures, but this Osprey Transporter 95 is a complete game changer. You always know it’s high quality when the company themselves give it an All Mighty Guarantee when you purchase one off their website. This adventure proof bag is £130.00 to buy new from the Official Osprey website, and it comes in blue, red, lime, black and grey.
Now you’ve heard about this awesome Osprey Transporter 95 bag, if you’re an adventure seeker like me – fancy winning one? Just follow the instructions on Rafflecopter below to be in with a chance to win! #OspreyAdventureProof
WIN A OSPREY TRANSPORTER 95 BAG
The following terms and conditions will apply to the competition:
- The competition is open to UK residents only and all entrants must be over 18.
- The competition will run from Monday 26th February 21:00 GMT until Friday 16th March 12:00 GMT.
- Any entries received or processed after the closing date will not be eligible to win.
- Entrants must follow the instructions via Rafflecopter
- It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure their entry meets entry requirements and is submitted successfully.
- Only one entry is allowed per person, unless stated otherwise via Rafflecopter
- The winner may be required to provide additional information such as their address and telephone number.
- Winner will be chosen at random via Rafflecopter
- The winner will be announced on Twitter by @missanniebean after the closing date
- The prize is a Osprey Transporter 95L Bag
- Prize to be supplied by Osprey Bags directly
- The competition winner is not entitled to exchange the prize for any cash alternative.
- Tales of Annie Bean and Osprey reserves the right to exclude from the competition any entry that does not meet criteria set out in these terms and conditions.
- Tales of Annie Bean and Osprey reserve the right to change, suspend or terminate the promotion and entry period at any time. They may also disqualify participants if they have any reason to believe that the promotion cannot be carried out fairly or if they suspect any person of manipulating entries or results or has acted unethically in any other way.