When the weather is glum, miserable and blue skies feel like a distant memory, it can be hard to feel motivated to do anything. That trip to the gym to do your class, or your evening run, can both get pushed back in
E.ON Energy Refresh
According to E.ON’s Energy Refresh research, they found bad weather causes more than three quarters (77%) of Brits to put off outdoor activities and errands. They also found that more than half of the nation (55%) say they want to incorporate exercise into their home routine. I agree it can be so incredibly tough to feel motivated to do anything when the wet British weather sets in, that sofa just feels far more appealing! One thing we also struggle with because of these winter months, is by eating a less healthy meal (19%).
I often find I train at home, as it’s right there, I don’t need to go anywhere else to do it. I can literally walk downstairs to my lounge and can start working out. I’ve been doing this for years, and have found when the weather isn’t looking too appealing for an evening run, or heading to the gym I’ll start an indoor home workout – It has been one of the best things I ever started doing. Just like anything we start doing, it takes a little time to get into a good routine but when you do, it’s amazing! Below are some of my motivational tips that help me keep focused on a home workout and not get distracted to do anything else.
My workout at home tips
- Lay your gym gear out ready – otherwise, you’ll get distracted trying to find gym clothes
- Set an alarm on your phone for the time of your workout – treat it like a real class you’re going to
- Use YouTube workout videos, (I suggest Alice
Liveing) and make a playlist of your home workouts – Don’t allow yourself time to faff before a workout selecting your workout, have it pre-selected
- Make sure you have all the furniture out of the way first – the Last thing you want is to be doing a grapevine across the living room floor and colliding with a table!
- Always wear trainers if doing high impact – you can really damage your feet if you workout barefoot on the carpet – I’ve learnt this the hard way, so a bit of personal advice, where appropriate footwear. Where possible try to train on an even surface to avoid any injury.
- Have fun with it and mix it up! Try out some new workout options you perhaps haven’t before. I like to
do dohigh impact cardio training, but I love to indulge in a home yoga workout too. You aren’t limited at home!
Refresh with Alice Liveing
I’m a huge fan of Alice
Be in it to win it!
As mentioned the E.ON team have given my reader the opportunity to WIN a Sweaty Betty or Gymshark voucher for £150! What is more motivating than new gym clothing to train in?a Rafflecopter giveaway
Closing date is 26th March 2019 at 12.00am (UK)
Prize: 1 x £150 voucher from Gymshark or Sweaty Betty (winners choice once confirmed)
This competition is open to UK residents only
The winner will be chosen at random by Rafflecopter on Tuesday 26th March 2019 and will be contacted by social media or email.
If the prize has not been claimed within 28 days the prize will be re-drawn and a new winner will be chosen.